Tuesday 13 December 2011

In the Zone!

Trying out the Zone Diet following having read some rave reports from Crossfitters on how the diet has improved their performance and body composition. To be honest, once I got the measuring system of Carbohydrate, Protein and Fat "blocks" into my head, it is wonderfully simple.

Here is a 4 block lunch I made today: Grilled Pork loin with pan fried mushrooms in butter, bacon bits and brussel sprouts.

4oz Grilled Pork loin (4 blocks of protein)
1.5 cups brussel sprouts (2 blocks of carbs)
Mushrooms - (1.5/2 blocks carbs)
bacon bits (2 block fats)
butter (2 block fats)

I was pleased that the size ratios of the different items pretty much resembled what I would have put together anyhow. We tend to eat a similar diet in our house anyhow, watching the carbohydrate levels and qualities and making sure that we get good amounts of proteins and fats.

No comments:

Post a Comment